CopyCat Cinema 2020 RULES & GUIDELINES
Sponsored by the Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre, Idaho Central Credit Union, and PACT EMS
Please read and carefully consider the following guidelines for CopyCat Cinema 2020 contest. ALL ENTRANTS MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING RULES & GUIDELINES:
CopyCat Cinema 2020 is sponsored by the Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre, Idaho Central Credit Union, and PACT EMS. This year’s contest will award over $1500 in prizes. Entrants will re-create a two minute scene from the selected film (view the 2020 clip here: https://youtu.be/7_pR6mUYtOo) and must agree to the following rules and guidelines:
- All films must be made specifically for CopyCat Cinema 2020.
- Films may be completed and submitted by an individual, team, or family. If done by a group, please select a “Captain” as the team contact person.
- There is a limit of two (2) entries per person or household/group.
- Each film must use the movie clip referenced/provided and be no longer than 3 minutes (180 seconds). NO EXCEPTIONS. Opening and/or closing credits are not required, but (if added) may add up to an additional 20 seconds in total.
- This is a family-friendly event and the movie clip chosen has been selected for all audiences. Submissions containing language, vulgarity, or otherwise inappropriate content will be disqualified.
- All entries (including film clip and signed/completed waivers for each participant) must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM January 17th. Submissions received after this date will not be included in the competition or the film festival screening. Included with your submission must be your NAME (or GROUP NAME), GROUP CAPTAIN/CONTACT NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS, and PHONE NUMBER.
PRIZES and JUDGING
Grand Prize ($800), First Place ($500), and Second Place ($200) winners will be selected by the judges from the eligible participants. Submissions will be reviewed live by a panel of 6 judges from varying fields and professions during the live CopyCat Cinema Screening Event at 7:00 PM on January 23rd, 2020. Films will be prescreened for content during formatting. Films not complying with the Rules & Guidelines will be disqualified. Submissions will be judged on the interpretation of the selected movie scene, creativity, technical merit, and overall quality.
Participants must email a digital file of their CopyCat Cinema submission and completed waivers/participant forms by 5:00 PM January 17th, 2020 to email@example.com. Submissions created by more than one person, a group or a team are required to submit completed waivers/participant forms for each member. Children under 18 years old must have the permission of a Parent/Guardian to participate.
Each film may only be submitted once. Entrants may submit up to two (2) separate entries as per the Rules & Guidelines.
Registration for the CopyCat Cinema 2020 Film contest are now closed. Please join us on January 23rd at 7:00 PM at the Kenworthy Theater for the CopyCat Cinema Screening Event and Awards Program.