CopyCat Cinema Quarantine Edition RULES & GUIDELINES
Sponsored by the Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre, Washington Trust Bank, and PACT EMS.
Please read and carefully consider the following guidelines for CopyCat Cinema Quarantine Edition contest. ALL ENTRANTS MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING RULES & GUIDELINES:
CopyCat Cinema Quarantine Edition is sponsored by the Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre, Washington Trust Bank, and PACT EMS. COVID-19 has changed our community, resulting in significant challenges for employees, families, businesses, and the nonprofits that are the heartbeat of the Palouse.
As a result, CopyCat Cinema Quarantine Edition wishes to provide an avenue for the arts in a family-friendly atmosphere while supporting our local small businesses and nonprofits. Thanks to the generosity of Washington Trust Bank, winning filmmakers will have the honor of selecting a local nonprofit of their choice to receive a $500 First Prize, $300 Second Prize, and $200 prize cash donation award. In addition, our winning filmmakers will take home hundreds of dollars in gift cards and gift certificates from Moscow-based small businesses. Entrants will re-create a short scene from the selected film above and must agree to the following rules and guidelines:
- All films must be made specifically for CopyCat Cinema Quarantine Edition.
- Films may be completed and submitted by an individual, team, or family. If done by a group, please select a “Captain” as the team contact person.
- There is NO limit of entries per person or household/group.
- Each film must use the movie clip referenced/provided and be no longer than 3 minutes (180 seconds). NO EXCEPTIONS. Opening and/or closing credits are not required, but (if added) may add up to an additional 20 seconds in total.
- This is a family-friendly event and the movie clip chosen has been selected for all audiences. Submissions containing language, vulgarity, or otherwise inappropriate content will be disqualified.
- All entries (including film clip and signed/completed waivers for each participant) must be submitted via email to email@example.com by 5:00 PM Sunday, April 19th, 2020. Submissions received after this date will not be included in the competition or the film festival screening. Included with your submission must be your NAME (or GROUP NAME), GROUP CAPTAIN/CONTACT NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS, and PHONE NUMBER.
PRIZES and JUDGING
First Place ($500 donation toward the local nonprofit of choice plus 5 gift certificates from local businesses); Second Place ($300 donation toward the local nonprofit of choice plus 3 gift certificates from local businesses); and Third Place ($200 donation toward the local nonprofit of choice plus 2 gift certificates from local businesses). Winners will be selected by the judges from the eligible participants. Submissions will be reviewed live by a panel of 6 judges from varying fields and professions during the CopyCat Cinema Quarantine Edition Streaming Event. Films will be prescreened for content during formatting. Films not complying with the Rules & Guidelines will be disqualified. Submissions will be judged on the interpretation of the selected movie scene, creativity, technical merit, and overall quality.
Participants must email a digital file of their CopyCat Cinema submission and completed waivers/participant forms by 5:00 PM April 19th, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions created by more than one person, a group or a team are required to submit completed waivers/participant forms for each member. Children under 18 years old must have the permission of a Parent/Guardian to participate.
Each film may only be submitted once. Entrants may submit any number of separate entries as per the Rules & Guidelines.
Registration for the CopyCat Cinema Quarantine Edition Film contest are now closed. Please join us on during the live streaming event to view the contest entries.